When you decide to do more with your business, here’s what happens
After we discuss the scope of our work agreement, we will both sign my Contract and Confidentiality Agreement regardless of the amount of time we work together. This is a standard contract and outlines in detail our arrangement and is meant to protect both of our interests. Once signed, it can be amended with new projects/tasks by email.
Below is a summary of the agreement along with a few standard operating procedures.
- Payments are accepted via Credit Card/PayPal or Zelle ONLY. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can create a new account before you pay. If you don’t want to create an account, you can pay using a credit or debit card.
- I will send you an invoice from Laurene Craig Virtual Assistant with a link to make your payment.
- Payment is made before services are rendered. If choosing hourly, I will send you an invoice weekly with the number of hours worked, a summary of work completed, and the remaining balance on your account.
- If there are expenses associated with a project, I will make sure you approve of them, and send a separate invoice. The invoice must be paid prior to delivery of services.
My Work Hours
- My typical schedule is Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm EST, excluding US holidays.
- If you need work outside of these hours, we can agree on a schedule and rate in advance
- As a virtual assistant, I am a contractor and not your employee. That means you don’t have to pay me benefits, vacation time, sick leave, etc. You DO have to provide me with a 1099 tax form covering the duration of our agreement.
- Our relationship is not a non-exclusive one. I do work with multiple clients.
- As your contractor, I will keep all information you share with me in the strictest of confidence. I will NEVER share your information. In addition, any information I share with you is expected to be treated the same.
- I am a perfectionist, but because I am human, I am still prone to make mistakes. You know your business better than anyone. All work done by me should be reviewed and if needed, corrections communicated immediately so the work can be made to your highest standards.
- If for any reason, I am not able to complete a deadline due to circumstances beyond my control, I will notify you as soon as possible. Projects are taken on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Social Media liability: I ask you to provide text and graphics (or graphics ideas) because when you initiate a two-way communication with the public via social media, it can sometimes spark unintended consequences. If this does happen with a post that you provide, you will not hold me liable for any damage and/or liability resulting in that post/graphic.
- If I am asked to post something on your behalf without any text provided, you will have to approve the post, in writing, before it goes live.
Time Needed to Complete Design
- Typically, work will be completed within 2 to 4 business days and may take upwards of 7 to 10 (or more) business days depending on the scope of the project and my current schedule.
- Before the start of any project, we will work on a timeline that works for your business.
- Projects are taken on a first-come-first-served basis.
- If there is an immediate urgency for a project and I do not have the time available immediately, there will be an additional fee of 25%. For example, if you’re paying hourly at $25/hour, your fee will be increased to $31.25/hour.
Graphic Design Process
- Before working on graphics for your business, if you have a specific idea in mind, you will be required to fill out a detailed design questionnaire which will help us identify your needs.
- The initial estimated time frame will be extended if we run into difficulties contacting you during the design process.
- I’ll provide an estimated price breakdown once we receive your completed questionnaire. Prices are subject to change.
Be sure to proofread ALL work before approving finalized projects.
- For ANY project, there is a 2-revision limit.
- Example: We discuss in detail your project, the scope, and expectations. I complete the project, proofread it and send it to you for review. You will proofread it, make changes, and return it to me. This is 1-revision.
- Any mistake made on my part will not be counted towards a revision (typos, clear deviations from project scope, etc.)
- Each additional revision will be added at $25 per revision.
- If you sign off on a finalized project and you see something that needs to be changed or fixed – you will be charged for a revision.
- I use email as the main form of communications.
- Emails are ideal for use as a reference when working on a project. It helps keep track of project details, answers many questions I may have about a project, and generally keeps things in order.
- Phone or Skype calls can be used for initial discussions on projects.
- Please do not use my personal email or phone numbers for communication.